using Peach OSI from Elwood — Peach OSI\\\\\\\'s Forum
frame

Greetings!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

This version of our Forum is brand new. We have imported our previous forum entries so not all dates and users are included.

using Peach OSI from Elwood

I'm new to linux and I've finally setted on Peach OSI. I've installed it on an old laptop and it runs better than it ever did. So far I'm very happy with Peach OSI and may replace the mint version that I now use on my main computer. My old printer just died and I need to replace it. I'd like to replace it with an All-in-One so I'm looking for suggestions on which All-in-One printers seem to work properly with Peach OSI & Linux in general. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Hi Elwood and thank you for your comments. I have pre-loaded CUPS (the software that makes printing possible in Linux systems) with every printer as of the last update issued on 10/01/2014 so as far as I know there should not be any issue with almost any printer that you can buy. Me personally I've always been partial to EPSON printers but there again, the choice is really up to you. If you are looking for a good commercial/office style printer that has a lot of features for not a whole lot of money I would do the Workforce models of Epson. I have an Epson Workforce WF-7510 and it is fast and works great on Peach and is seay to setup. But this is a big printer capable of paper sizes up to 16" in length and 11" in width. You might not need one for such large paper sizes but it does give you a good example of what Peach OSI can handle.

I do appreciate your kind comments too. Thanks again. If I can ever be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.... Jim