What a great Xmas/New Year 2017 present you've given us — Peach OSI\\\\\\\'s Forum
frame

Greetings!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This version of our Forum is brand new. We have imported our previous forum entries so not all dates and users are included.

What a great Xmas/New Year 2017 present you've given us

What a great Xmas/New Year 2017 present you've given us

With all of these new Peach 16.04 releases. I am using a Netbook for Peach TV, to play movies. The SmartTV does all of the processing power, the old netbook just transmits the video to the TV though Wi-Fi. So instead of having a brick laying around the house, we have something that has become useful. Speaking of which, I traveled to be with the family for the holidays. My mother gave me an old HP laptop with an Intel Centrino Duo processor and 1GB RAM that was all but abandoned some years ago. I gave it new life by adding 4GB RAM and installing Peach OSI 64-Bit 16.04 BareBones, and that's where I am writing this from. It handles the HD 1080p videos ok, either from YouTube or VLC. Even my 4mo. baby child had some laughs watching some cartoons from the old laptop.
And then finally, I got a a new desktop upgrade at the office. The first thing I did? format the PC erasing the included Win10 and put Peach OSI 64-Bit BB. Smooth performance! I'm satisfied.

Have a great 2017 and best wishes to you and your loved ones!
Ed.