Installation Issues Dell optiplex gx620 (pentium D) — Peach OSI\\\\\\\'s Forum
frame

Greetings!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

This version of our Forum is brand new. We have imported our previous forum entries so not all dates and users are included.

Installation Issues Dell optiplex gx620 (pentium D)

Trying to install Peach OSI 32 Bit on a Dell optiplex gx620 (pentium D). The install flashes the fisrt menu and goes straight to the language selection screen where it freezes. Neither the arrow keys or function keys do anything. The numlock and caplock don't respond either. I've tried the 64 Bit image too. I've checked them with the md5sum, burned them multiple times on the slowest speed. Always the same thing.

Suggestions?

Comments

• I've seen this issue before with standard installs of Ubuntu. It is usually a hardware issue - a bad DVD burner, bad memory - but the first thing that I would check is your keyboard. Once I was using and old PS2 keyboard with a USB adapter so that I could plug it into a USB port. I switched to a USB keyboard and the problems disappeared.

I hope this helps
  • I can't believe that you solved my issue on the first try. I've been trying to resolve the issue myself with no luck. It was that I had a PS2 keyboard connected with a USB adapter. I still don't understand why that doesn't work but I plugged in a USB keyboard from another computer and the installation worked fine. Then I switched the keyboards back and Peach OSI ran normally, meaning I didn't have to go buy another USB keyboard. SO far I really do like the speed Peach OSI has and the multiple menu system is - interesting. I'll tweak it to my needs and report back...

Thanks for the timely help...