Missing grub recovery line option for Peach OSI 14,04.l 32-bit. — Peach OSI\\\\\\\'s Forum
frame

Greetings!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

This version of our Forum is brand new. We have imported our previous forum entries so not all dates and users are included.

Missing grub recovery line option for Peach OSI 14,04.l 32-bit.

I just reinstalled my Peach OSI to a larger partition space using the latest 14.04.1 32-bit installer. Very surprised to see the grub table lacks a second line showing a recovery option. All my other Ubuntu based distros on this partition automatically creates that recovery function line. I'll try to find out how to create it myself (grub-customizer?) but for now I'm stumped since I've never experienced the problem before. Appreciate any suggestions. Otherwise I'll have to go back to my earlier 14.04 version as that one worked fine.
Tagged:

Comments

• Yes, you can add the recovery option while in grub customizer. You'll find the option on the right hand side usually neath an Ubuntu option (Something like "Ubuntu, with Linux 3.13.0....). You'll need to expand the column to see the entries by clicking on the top level entry. Try to select the recovery option that matches your Linux kernel version which shows on the left side. Right click on the recovery option and then select add. Once it is on the left side you can edit the description name (right click on the name) and once you are satisfied as to how you want the boot options to look click on "File" at the top left - then "Save". Then also save to your boot loader by selecting "Install to MBR" otherwise your changes will not appear on the next boot. You may want to edit the entry before saving to remove the Ubuntu name to Peach OSI - though it really is up to you. Remember always that Peach OSI is a remastered version of Ubuntu.
  • Thanks for your answer. I found the problem was with Grub Customizer's handling of the grub list on my first distro (not Peach). Even though I had erased the old Peach partition and installed a later version in the same place, the grub customizer had assigned the new version to the old Peach grub description as well as a second listing of new version as a generic. Once I realized this, I simply had to name the two new Peach entries properly and delete the old one to get the proper setup of the "recovery" entry. I have five linux distros on this computer + Windows and simply didn't realize what grub-customizer had done. So all is well now. Love Peach, think it's the very best 14.04 based remix out there, bar none. It just works.

Cactusneedle in Arizona, USA